Saturday, October 11, 2008

red rum, red rum, red rum!



This week was definitely my favorite week of class so far. I agree with Thiago in that film analysis requires you to watch movies in a different way. I think it's very interesting to look past a movie at face value. There is so much more going on behind the lines that you fail to notice when you just watch the movie and only consider what is in front of you. The mis-en-scene article we read was beneficial when we watched the movie The Shining. It helped me notice things about the movie that I certainly would not have noticed on my own. As Amie pointed out, the class discussion in which we talked about camera angles was really interesting. It's crazy that the same scene could seem completely different when you change the camera angle and lighting.

The Youtube trailer we saw in class was hilarious. It put a completely different spin on the movie and I absolutely loved it. The rest of the class seemed to enjoy it as well. Like I said earlier, it's amazing how the same scene with little alterations could end up being so different: polar opposites!

I thought the movie The Shining was great. I love scary movies and I had always heard good things about it. It was pretty cool to get the chance to watch it while doing my homework at the same time! Definitely one of the best homework assignments I've ever had! The character typage in the film was excellent. The people in charge of casting the roles did an excellent job. Jack Nicholson portrayed the role of Jack brilliantly. The lady was perfect in that she seemed so fragile and you sympathized with her in why she stayed with Jack. To sum it up, it was a great movie!

Another exciting thing this week was finishing our personal narratives. It was such a long, tiring process but it came out great in the end. My bandmates did an excellent job on theirs. It was crazy to go through my finished project knowing that I created it all by myself. Hopefully all my hard work pays off in the end! ;)




Shayna Tucker

No comments: